I’m a little late but………….Happy 2015!! I hope you are all having a good start to the year. We are back from a restful break in Wales. It was good to spend time out in the fresh air. The kiddies had fun and they slept better too.
Now it’s back to reality.
This year I have made a few resolutions/things to do. None of them are massively important, just little things to help me enjoy the year. This is my list:
- Tick more things off Grace’s “50 Things to Do Before You’re 11¾” list. This is run by the National Trust and is a great way of getting your children to spend more time outside. There are lots of fun activities and when you upload what they’ve done to the website, there are certificates and stars to earn.
- Write more letters. I love receiving nice mail. I hate the bills and junk mail that drops through our door. It’s nice to receive something that puts a smile on your face. So I’m going to send out random little letter parcels to friends and family. Postcards/pictures/ideas that have made me think of that person or thought that they would like to receive it.
- Take part in ‘The Lonely Bouquet’. This makes me smile too. The idea is you leave a little bunch of flowers with an ‘adopt me’ note on for someone to find. This idea was started by Fleuropean and you can read more about it here.
- Remember to take the book list to book club!!! Since I started the book club, I don’t think I have once remembered to take along the list. If anyone would like to come along, by the way, please get in touch. Only if you’re prepared to eat cake though. It is usually held at Mad Hatter’s Tea Pot in Ainsdale. They do delicious homemade cakes and a pretty tasty goat’s cheese panini. It is run by the lovely Chloe and her husband.
- Start running. I am such a fatty at the moment. I have bought a pair of barefoot running shoes and I am ready to go.
- Start a book review site. This is kind of linked into starting the book club, I guess. I like reading, so may as well do some reviewing. I have been sent my first manuscript to review. 26 Miles To The Moon by Andrew Males. You can read more about it here and pre-order a copy here. Your pre-orders will help him get his book published.
- Keep a journal. I need to start using up the ridiculous amounts of notebooks I have. I can also keep a note of where we’ve been and what we’ve done.
- Get the children more involved in the amazing free (and some paid) activities that go on in Liverpool at the Tate, Walker Art Gallery, The Bluecoat, to name but a few. I want them to do more interesting things. I’ve also emailed The Guardian’s Children’s Book Reviews for Grace to become a reviewers. Hopefully they’ll say yes!!
- I saw this photo on Papered Thoughts Instagram site. She types little love notes to leave in her city. I thought these were really sweet and maybe something to try here. I like how they are done on a typewriter too. Unfortunately, I don’t have a typewriter but I do have the Hanx Writer app on my iPad which I absolutely love! You should try it.
- I’m just adding this…………buy a typewriter.
If anyone else has any interesting resolutions or things to try, I’d love to hear them. You can either comment on here or send the links to my Bump’s Brain Facebook page so everyone can see them.
Happy January everyone.